Grant a Supporter Access Rights to a Reporter
- Click People in the Quick Navigation menu
- Search for the Supporter to whom you want to assign Reporters
- Click the purple Edit button on the far right - under the Action column
- Once in the User Profile, click Access Rights (found in the Navigation Bar at the top of the page)
- This page is hidden for Reporter profiles
- To the top right, see the dropdown Show Assigned. When you open this page, it defaults to show you the users who are assigned.
- In order to add users, switch to Show Assigned = No
- Use the search box to locate the Reporter you want to assign.
- Add Reporters to be supervised by clicking the add button "+" in the right Action column
- In order to see assigned users, switch back to Show Assigned = Yes
- Remove Reporters by clicking the minus button "-" in the right Action column
Setting the Supporter's Permissions
Besides granting access rights for a Supporter, you also need to determine what permissions you want them to have.
- Still within the User Profile, click Permissions.
- Make a decision on these two settings:
- Support Staff Approve Time Records - if you want this Supporter to be an "Approver" (to review, then approve or return their assignee's time studies), make this setting Yes. Note: this means that every time study from their assignees will go into Pending once submitted. If the Supporter fails to review the time studies, they will not be considered "complete" and will not be included in reports. It's important that the Supporter understand their responsibility to review and approve these records.
- Support Staff Submit Time Records - if you want this Supporter to be able to click the "attest" checkbox on behalf of their assignees, and then click Submit without the Reporter needing to log in to the system at all, make this setting Yes.
- Be sure to click Save when you're done.