Error Message: "There is no user in the database with the username ______"
If you see this message when trying to log in, please keep in mind that you need to log in with your username, not email address.
Double-check the spelling of your username. If you don't remember your username, you can:
- Click Forgot Password in the lower left of the standard login screen
- Enter your email address
- Click the I'm not a robot box
- Click Reset
- A link will be emailed to you (check spam if you don’t see it)
- When you click the link, you will be prompted to enter a new password
- Enter the new password twice
- You will automatically be logged in
See more here: How do I change or reset my password?
Single Sign-On (SSO):
Alternatively, the issue may be that you're on the regular Time Study login page, but your organization uses SSO, where you use their internal login portal to get authorized on the Time Study site. In that case, click "Login via SSO" at the bottom of your login page. You should be redirected to a site you're familiar with and can sign it there. Then it will redirect you back to the Time Study site.