- Resetting Your Password via SSO (Single Sign-on)
- Resetting Your Password via a Unique Time Study Log-in
- If You Are Locked Out
- Changing Your Password
- Changing a Password on Someone's Behalf
For assistance with passwords, you will first need to determine whether your organization uses single sign-on (SSO) (i.e., whether you're using the same credentials to log in across systems within your organization).
- If you do use SSO to log in to Time Study, go to "Resetting Your Password via SSO"
- If you do NOT use SSO, you use a unique log-in for Time Study instead, go to "Resetting Your Password via a Unique Time Study Log-in"
- If you are unsure if you use SSO or not to log in, complete the following steps:
Go to your Time Study URL/log-in page.
NOTE: You will be brought to one of the two places noted below.
Determine which of the following webpages has opened:
1. Your organization's login portal (i.e., the similar/familiar page that you would use to log in to other systems)
IF this page opens, you use SSO to log in. See "Resetting Your Password via SSO" below.
2. The Time Study login page (i.e., a link similar to this: _your organization's name_.timestudy.co)
IF this page opens, then first look below the login box.
a. If you see a "Login via SSO" link, see "Resetting Your Password via SSO" below.
b. If you DO NOT see a "Login via SSO" link, see "Resetting Your Password via a Unique Time Study Log-in."
Resetting Your Password via SSO
When your organization uses your internal, SSO credentials, rather than a separate, unique login/password for Time Study, your password would need to be reset by your organization.
- If you have forgotten that password or need to change it:
- Check for a link on your SSO login page that may assist you with your account, or
- Contact your Time Study Admin or IT department. If you don't know how to do that, please create a support ticket here.
- If you see the error "User Not Found," go to: "Error Message: "User Not Found"
Resetting Your Password via a Unique Time Study Log-in
- Click the Forgot Password? link in the lower left of the Time Study log-in screen
- Enter your username (preferred) or email address
- Check the box to confirm "I'm not a robot"
- Click Reset
- A link will be emailed to you (NOTE: check Spam if you don’t see it)
- Note: this link will expire. If you see error message "Confirmation not found" please start over by requesting a new password.
- When you click the link in your email, you will be prompted to enter a new password
- Enter the new password twice
- You will be automatically logged in
If You Are Locked Out
- After 5 failed log-in attempts, you will see an error message indicating that your account has been locked out
- You'll need to do a Password Reset in order to unlock your account
- Follow the steps above to do a password reset
Changing Your Password
Similar to resetting your password, how you change your password depends on whether you sign into Time Study via SSO (Single Sign-on) or not. If you are unsure how you sign in, follow these steps.
I Sign in via SSO
In order to change your log-in credentials, please contact your Time Study Admin or your IT department. If you don't know how to do that, please create a support ticket here.
I Sign in via a Unique Log-in to Time Study
- Log in to your account
- Click your username at the top right of the screen
- Click Manage
- Under the section titled Reset Password, type your current password
- Enter a new password in the bottom two fields
- Click Change Password
Be sure that your password meets the following requirements:
- 8-20 characters long with at least:
- one number
- one upper case letter
- one lower case letter
- one special character
Changing a Password on Someone's Behalf
If you are an administrator and need to reset someone else's password, please see this article: